Become an Ambassador
Interested in becoming an Ambassador?
As a Montana Ambassador, you are provided the opportunity to share your passion for living and doing business in Montana in your community, in our state, across the United States and around the world.
Represent the office of the Governor and the Department of Commerce in business-related contacts in and out of the state.
Assist the Department of Commerce and the Governor’s Office of Economic Development with their business, trade, and tourism development programs.
Sponsor projects that encourage and support economic improvements throughout the state.
Support, whenever practical, efforts by other groups to contribute to the economic vitality of Montana.
Support, whenever practical, efforts by other groups to maintain or increase the quality of all levels of education in the State of Montana.
And, as official Ambassadors of the State of Montana, put the best interests of the state before personal interests and give freely of time, energy and personal finances in support of this mission.
- Report to Chapter VP
- Attend four chapter meetings per year
- Attend and participate in individual assignments of committees
- Prepare to make contributions and provide insight regarding chapter activities and programs
- Nominate new candidates for membership
- Assist GOED and MDOC with its business, trade and tourism programs
- Sponsor and participate in programs that will encourage economic development in the state
- Attend and participate in the annual conference
- Strive for at least one meeting each year with the Governor to stay up-to-date on the administrative agenda.
- Hold at least four chapter meetings with potential new members invited.
- Provide summary reports of each meeting to the Coordinator.
- Chapter representation at economic development summits, activities, etc.
- Participate in local business retention and expansion efforts.
- Share in education and workforce efforts to drive workforce development for all skills.